Saturday, August 1, 2020

Will the App laugh at me?

So I decided to pull out all the stops this time and start using a weight loss app... because preparing to do something is one of my favorite hobbies. I love to organize and shop and plan... mostly for things that never come to fruition.  I have a gift basket business that never got off the ground, a domain for a website I never finished and brochures for a Ph.D. I never enrolled in. I overcommit. And then when I realize it and pull the plug on things, I feel like a quitter, which to me is way worse than a failure. 

I digress... back to the app.  So, I entered all of my info, had to get on the dreaded scale again and spent an hour filling out my profile for my “coach.”  It said the “coach” will be in touch tomorrow. Great! One more day to eat what I want! So I had a doozy of a day. And then it happened. I got an alert to remind me to track my food. WTF? I just started today!  Don’t I get like a send off party for my thighs? 

So, with Charlie’s help, we retracted my food steps for the day... and my son proceeded to die laughing and say “I wonder if the app will laugh at you too because it sure doesn’t look like you’re on a diet.” And after smacking his head and telling him he’s a mini asshole, I wondered... will it scold me?  Luckily, it just reminded me to make better choices.  I can accept that. 

1 comment: